Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1990 burben info

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hulk81, Nov 8, 2006.

1. hulk81

hulk81 Registered Member

just got some quick questions i just bought a 1990 burben 1/2 ton 350 700r4 and a 241 transfer case i know that the rear end is a 10 bolt but the front axle don't look like a 10 bolt the cover has 10 bolts but it's not perfectly round like the rear and the fill hole is in the front cover is it a dana 44? it also has 4 shocks on the front so when i lift it should i keep the 4 shocks or do a normal 2 shock set up thanks for the info will be paying the 25 bucks just as soon as my new debt card gets here

2. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

it is a 10 bolt 4 sure..if you wanna run 4 shocks thats fine will be a stiff ride tough..but you can run 4 and either get 2 old one or new ones and drill holes on the rezivoirs and then you will only have 2 but will look like 4 and ride like 2...:haha::haha:

3. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

You can look at the Axle Guide and find yours to find your front end.... as far as the shocks up front, that all depends on you.... Many people like the quad shocks up front... some don't.... you'll need to read as much as you can find to make up your mind... their are to many factors to get into.... as per what twoslo4fiveO is saying it's the dampaning of the shocks up front.... more money you spend the nicer ride you can get with a quad shock setup...

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I am running 4 cheap shocks up front right now. The quantity makes up fr the quality. I am going to 2 good shocks soon.