Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1990 K1500 Stepside for $2k. Good deal?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Feb 11, 2006.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Seems like a good deal to me. It's a great looking truck, looks like a 90 though, dings and dents, headlights yellowing, rust starting in the rockers, arm rest a little worn out, minor junk like that.
    It's got a 350 (unless they put 305's in these trucks), runs dang near perfect.

Just near 100k miles.

So...thoughts all? Should I offer less or be glad it's going for $2k? Trucks that age without a full size bed are available under $2000 around here.

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

it is highly possible that it is a 305. i can only assume since its a shortwheelbase, stepside that you arent really looking for a "fullsize bed". you wont find that in a shortbed stepside. it is highly possible that it does have a 305 in it, as they were used alot in this vintage of truck. i've had 2 305s of this era, one an '86 and the other a '93 (both identical shortblocks). the '86 i still have, i had it apart at 114K and everything looked good, save for a couple of knicks on the cam which were my fault on disassembly. stabbed a new cam in it and used it for a derby engine last season. worked flawlessly. the other was the 93 C2500 i had. at 220K when i sold it (4L60E went bad) it had never had the valvecovers pulled. this was verified by an employee of the original owner, who the truck was purchased for as a company vehicle. when they decided to sell it, he bought it for himself he liked it so much. then after a couple of years, i bought it from him.

dont be scared of the 305, especially if its only got 100K on it. its probably got alot of life left in it.

3. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

305 in my 89 had something like 350 000 miles on it -- Same thing as beater K20, never had the valvecover off.

Ran like a top, till it blew it's top, LOL Guess she blew the headgasket out, and hydrolocked herself. Big cloud of white smoke, and she siezed dead right then and there

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i still see my C1500 runing around town. i traded it off for my 91 K1500 after it blew the trans shortly after 220K. next time i see the guy and i can talk to him, i'm gonna ask about it. i know he drives the hell out of it.