Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1990 Suburban Wiper Wiring?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by burbanfanatic, Jan 24, 2005.

1. burbanfanatic

burbanfanatic Registered Member

Hello,

I am just totally frustrated with the wiper wiring on my 1990 V2500 Suburban. I have completely replaced the wiring harness (with painless harness) in the burb after an engine fire. I cannot get the wipers to work because of the convoluted wiper wiring! :mad: Can anybody tell me what wires go where? There are a total of 5 wires on the motor (a set of 3 and another set of 2) I just want it to work and cannot find any wiring diagrams of detail and no shop manuals are available. Thanks a trillion in advance! :)

P.S.

After this, I have to work on the DRAC/Speedometer & Downshift Solenoid! :confused:

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Hope this helps

3. burbanfanatic

Wiper Motor Diagram...

Hello Muddytazz,

I appreciate your help, but I am register user and not yet a member. :crazy: Therefore I do not have the privileges to access the wiring jpg that you linked from the post. If at all possible, can you send it to me via email autofanatic@hotmail.com or perhaps put it temporarily on your website? :confused: I would greatly be thankful if you could. Thanks thanks thanks! :bow:

4. burbanfanatic

Update...

I was able to get it to work manually (aftermarket rocker switch) BUT only one speed. I am still uncertain how the wiring goes if I were to try and use the delay lever/module?

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

ttt, anyone know what the 5 terminals are for? i think the 2 are for the washer fluid, adn the 3 control the speed, but are they all power, or is one ground? I know it grounds to the frame, but even when i apply straight power to one of the 3 when its grounded, nothing happens

6. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

7. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

Here's the wiring diagram from my factory wiring manual for my 1990 V3500. Your setup should be similar.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg