Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1990gmc 4x4 1/2ton running gear?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by juanblzer, Apr 21, 2003.

1. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Sep 12, 2001
    Have a line on one... what does it have in it?
    what I know right now: 350tbi, and an auto tranny, I'm guessing it also has a 10bolt rearend and ifs front. What is swappable to my 85'k5 other than the motor? Thanks to all I am new to this body style and model.
  2. 95 Silverado

95 Silverado 1/2 ton status

Nov 9, 2001
    your correct on the TBI engine, but it could be a 305, make sure of the size, the transmission, is probably a 700R4, non-electronic type, the rear is a 8 1/2" 10 bolt, and the front will be an 8 1/4" IFS front. The complete engine will fit in your truck, but the intake manifolds, flywheels and rear main seals are different due to changes made in the engine, the tranny will fit your blazer, the rear axles are 30 spline instead of 28, so not much will interchange to your 85, the front diff is totally different.The transfer case in the 90 is an NP241 left side front drive, the '85 has an NP208 right side front drive, so they are different also.