Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1990K5 ... 73-75 weatherstripping and caps

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rampage, May 11, 2001.

1. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

1990K5 - I was just going through the for sale items and noticed that you're searching for 73-75 weatherstripping and door caps for your conversion. I'm doing the same conversion and it took me FOREVER to find these parts so I thought I'd save you the trouble I went through. First of all. all the weatherstripping will cost you $450 for new pieces. Two places carry them that I know of, one has a better quality inner header seal. The upper and lower door caps are also new, but I don't recommend the lower door caps (the caps that are just above the door handles) because they are plastic and cheap looking. Hunt around for originals from a junkyard. I got mine at "Vintage Chevy" in Fremont, CA for $20 (510) 651-5874. They mostly deal with pre-73 Chevys but do have a few things past those years. I will post the names of the companies that have the weatherstripping on Monday since I'm at work and don't have that info with me. Send me an e-mail if you want more info on the swap you're doing.

2. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

3. 1990K5

1990K5 1/2 ton status

i appriciate your reply--sent you a private, thx--j.c.

4. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

I too have a '73 and need those seals, etc. Not planning on doing it soon, but would like the info....

thanks,

[​IMG]