Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1991 Fullsize Blazer Frame

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jan 25, 2001.

can anybody tell me what years are interchangeable with a 1991 Fullsize Blazer K5. My Frame is bent , and I've been told that the only years that will work is 1987-1991. Can anybody help?

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

You can go back to 81. Difference is the t-case crossmember. 81-84, 85-86, 87-91 are all different crossmembers. 81 and 82 frames have a different parking brake cable brackets. 83 on up are all same. Thats about it.

2. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

just so i know what not to do.....how did you bend your frame???

AIRBORNE!!

3. iceman

iceman 1/2 ton status

Wolfdog depending where you are, I have one that you can have. Just let me know. I'm in Colorado just outside of Denver.

4. I was following a trail behind the stone quarry I work at, and lost control and slid down into a 20 ton limestone rock. I drove my blazer out , but she's not rode worthy till I get her a frame.

5. I live in Ohio just outside of Columbus. Colorado sounds like a nice road trip, but a bit far out of range. Thanks for offering though. I may just take you up on the offer.

6. thatK30guy

I am in central Kansas and might be able to get a frame for you. Its from an 86 blazer theft recovery and is a complete rolling chassis. No body, motor, tranny, t-case, or shafts. I think the gas tank is still there. If I remember right, it had something like 36,000 miles on it. Let me know and I can go talk to the guy. The front and rearend are the 10 bolts. Dont know the ratios though. Let me know what you want.

7. grumpy

grumpy 1/2 ton status

I don't suppose you know where I can find a 73-87 blazer body do you?
    David

8. thatK30guy

Not right off the bat, I dont. Hey, your last name is familiar. Any relation to John Giguere? Hes the guy who built a 72 blazer and was in few magazines including cover of 4 Wheel & Off Road magazine.

9. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Sounds like everybody's right on here. I'm sure there are minor differences but an '81 up frame should be close enough to make work without much difficulty. We've got an '88 at the shop, but it's broken in a couple of places and been rolled, so it's probably going to become scrap.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD