Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1991 Jimmy worth $4000?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MUD E1, Nov 21, 2002.

1. MUD E1

MUD E1 Registered Member

I know it's difficult to make an estimate on a vehicle you've never seen before, but what is the going rate (private party transaction) for a full-size 1991 Jimmy with 115,000 miles on it? It's reported (I haven't seen it yet either) to be in very good condition; no rust, body damage, or drivetrain problems. It's black exterior with a grey interior and has A/C and an automatic tranny. Does $4000 sound right? I'll have some pictures of it on monday to post or link to if that would help. Thanks for any help! I'm hoping to become a Jimmy Freak here in the near future and become a regular on this board.

Brent

2. bigblock454

bigblock454 Clack Clack Clack Premium Member

I would give $4000 for a rust free Jimmy no matter how many miles. It is MUCH easier/cheaper to properly fix engine/tranny problems then fix a rust bucket.

3. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

If it is indeed rust free, be sure and check underneath the rear carpet rust hides there real good, 4000.00 is a real good price for a 91. You could always offer less and see what he will take for it, he might be in a hurry to get rid of it. Just my .02 worth.

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. schwank

schwank Registered Member

Not to beat a dead bronco, but 4000 seems good. I bought a 91 Blazaer Scottsdale a year ago for almost 5000... but the thing was one owner stock(new rims/tires), and ultra clean. And the Scottsdale package is ultra basic... single headlights, no carpet, no sliding side window, and has air. You're looking at a Jimmy... way nicer.

Hope it's the gem it seems....

good luck!

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

$4000? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i paid 7000 for mine /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif with a 6 inch lift, 35's and driveline work, but all other stock i believe

7. MUD E1

MUD E1 Registered Member

I'm going to take a look at it later this weekend and possibly purchase it. I'll let you guys know what happens.

By the way, the owner's son (who informed me about it) said it is stock except for manual Warn hubs. He did mention that it had 4.10s, but I'll have to inspect things to better determine the gears. Oh yeah, it's got running boards too . . . anybody want some used running boards for free? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif