Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1991 K5 Blazer side mirror change/installation

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by barknee, Mar 28, 2006.

1. barknee

barknee Registered Member

Hello all.
    This goes out to all of your K5 fans/guru's.
    Just bought a '91 K5 (used to have an 86, never should of sold it)
    Anyhow, this 1991 has the newer side mirrors (driver/passenger side). Both are full power mirrors.
    Has anyone (or known anyone) that changed out the newer power mirrors for the older classic style (70's/80's style chrome, manual) one's? These plastic power mirrors really suck, and look terrible. I haven't had a chance since getting this, to find at least a mid to late 80's model to see if the mirrors match up.
    Can anyone tell me if this is an easy swap/installation going from power to manual side mirrors?
    Thanks in advance! :bow:

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Donno, I've only ever seen people put the power mirrors on -- they are desireable to some folks.

Me, I like the old style, but I'm weird.

If you do remove them, let me know (dremu -at- yahoo -dot- com) as I know a guy who wants some or all of the power stuff.

-- A

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

The 80's mirrors, like what are on my K5, bolt right on. I could be very interested in a trade if you have pictures of the mirrors and they are still in decent shape.