Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1991 k5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wraenking, Apr 27, 2004.

1. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

well, ive been looking for a while, and i have found one at a local dealer. engine seems strong , (having my buddy look at it tomorrow) , rust around the drivers side rocker panel, tailgate area is solid. inside is in mint condition, paint is also in great shape. they wanted 4995 for it. i went there yesterday, and i told him i wouldnt pay over 3500 for it, and i left. they called me tonight and told me to come in tomorrow and work something out. if i can get it for 3500, is it worth it?

i paid 2500 for my 86 last year, so to me it balances out.

so what do you guys think?

2. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

for 3500 i'd say its a good price. how many miles does it have? i paid 6 grand for my 89' two years ago in mint condition and 120k. i would also see how the tranny shifts and ask if its been rebuilt. is it completly stock?

3. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

completely stock. it has around a 120000 miles, but i have a brand new tranny with shift kit i can take out of my 86 and throw it in anyway.

4. coyle13

coyle13 Registered Member

Doesn't sound to bad. I paid $5000 for my '91 last May that was in excellent shape. No rust, dents, tears, etc. Bone stock w/112,000 miles. Not so bone stock, anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Good luck

5. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

well, i just went down there again. both rockers will prob. have to be replaced. otherwise, the rust is minimal. power windows need some work along with taqilgate window, but that won be so bad.

i got him down to 2800.00, left a 200 dollar deposit, and will bring it to my friend tonight so he can look over the engine.

i signed the papers for the 2800.00, but contingent (sp.) on his manager oking the price and my mechaninc oking the engine.

hows that sound?

6. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Sounds good to me, how bad are the rockers? Mine have some rust but do not need to be replaced?

7. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

they pretty much have a nasty 3 inch hole in the middle. ive seen rockers on ebay for around 40 bucks, so i was thinking of just replacing them. so otherwise, its a good deal?

8. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Sounds like a good excuse for rock sliders! /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

9. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

That was my excuse for startin sliders. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Good luck to y'all in the future.

Allan

10. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

well, i offered him 2500, no more and he didnt like it, so i walked. the tranny was a liitle over worked, and would prob need to be changed out soo. ( he doesnt know i have a new one at home)

he wanted 3500 tax, tags, out the door. im in no rush, and im sure he will call tomorrow anyways.

then, i had my fiances honda checked out by my friend, we thought that a hub bearing was going, but it turns out, the tranny is going!!

so now i am taking off work tomorrow to go get her a new car. so my dreams of a 91 blazer are on hold once again. lol'

thanks for the input guys!!

11. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

12. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

thanks, but ill get mine ine day.

well, i got her a 2001 toyota camry, for 12, 500.

my friend works at another yota dealership and said i got a really good deal, so i am happy.

plus, he can warranty out anything i want!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    he can warranty out anything i want!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing because you better be sitting down when they quote you the price for any of the parts. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    he can warranty out anything i want!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing because you better be sitting down when they quote you the price for any of the parts. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, i know!! lol i leased a tacoma before i had my blazer and thank god for new odometers!!!

15. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

OK, HE CALLED ME OVER THE WEEKEND SAYING HE WAS GIVING ME A LST CHANCE. (sorry caps) i told him he wasted my time the other day and that pissed me off. he said what do you want to pay? 2000? i said nope, 1500! so he says, plust tax and tags? i say nope , out the door. so he says you bring me the cash!!!!!

im not getting to excited because i wont have the cash until tuesday, so hopefully he doesnt sell it.

16. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

So, a dealer went from 5,000 to 1,500 cash. Either there is something wrong with the truck and there trying to dump it, QUICK, or you are getting a wicked deal!! From my experiance with the 87 up body's, If the rockers are going, look hard at the floors!! Just about EVERY 87 up that has had "minimul" rocker rust, always seems to have alot of floor rust. Real sore spots is the area where the seat belts bolt down, just behind the doors. I would climb under this thing and REALLY look it over. I get aftermarket rockers for 20.00 each. not hard to do, But if the floos are is weak where the seat belt goes, Fabrication will be needed. Nobody aftermarket makes a repair panel for that, and GM discontinued that part years ago.

17. nau81blazer

nau81blazer 1/2 ton status

Even so, that's an awesome deal!! $1500, it would be worth the reconstuction /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

18. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

thats what i am figuring. my buddy looked over the engine, and its pretty solid, so if its on the lot tomorrow, i will buy it for 1599 and post pics.

19. detailer03

detailer03 1/2 ton status

What dealer, I am from NJ, I have some friends in the car biz.
    I bought my 89 in Lakewood on 88 in 93. Paid 8300.00 for it. Still have it 230,000. Just put a crate motor in it. Good for another 200,000. My future ex lived in Belmar on Pinetree way.
    Come on out to AZ. No rust.

20. wraenking

wraenking 1/2 ton status

hes a [darn] dealer on 88 in bricktown near st dominicks church.

well i went down there today and he had the rockers fixed and the whole bottom repainted over the weekend. i wanted to kill him because i was there with 1500 bucks and now he wants 3000. i offered 2500 and he said no, so i walked again. what an ass!! oh well. im in no rush, so im sure if he doesnt sell it byt he end of the week, hell call