Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1991 Suburban Tailgate Glass Install Instructions Needed

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by clay1937, Sep 16, 2006.

1. clay1937

clay1937 Registered Member

Jun 1, 2005

I just installed a new power switch for the tailgate glass in my 1991 GMC Suburban, and had to remove the window rolling hardware to get to it.

As I was removing the window rolling hardware, a coiled up spring appeared from out of nowhere, and I have no idea how to get everything back together.

If someone has a diagram and instructions on how to get this back together, I would be most appreciative. Otherwise, I think I'll have to take it to a glass shop for help. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2009
  2. Loose Nut

Loose Nut Banned

Nov 6, 2005
    you dont need the spring, but if you realllly need it, there is a bar that goes up and down and looks like a L in the middle of the tailgate at the bottom. It basicly hold the bar up and prevents you from opening the tailgate when the window is up. When the window goes down, it push's the bar down and allows the tailgate to be opened.