Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1992 S-10 Spotlighting Run Down!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RockaFella, Oct 31, 2002.

1. RockaFella

RockaFella Registered Member

Ya i Dropped off a 6 Point at the processing place and on my way back a S-10 Was Spotlighting. Well My Rebuilt 350 And My push Bar Served a Purpose /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif The S-10 Rammed The Gas to The Floor and Took Off (when we came to a stoplight He took off So i Floored it also My Rebuilt 350 Gave a Squeel To the tires and we took off The S-10 Wasnt But about Half a Car link In Front and Slamed On Brakes But then floored it again..I guess he got scared a little S-10 Vs a 1984 K5 Blazer and a Big Push Bar We pulled in at a store and he kept going. I Got The Tag Number And Called in the Game warden. I Hope that guy learned not to spotlight..Especially in front of us /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. RockaFella

The Game Warden Said He would take Care Of it We Have No Use of Spotlighters Down Here Unless Your Just Taking a Peak and Not shooting Like i skim the field with my Top Lights When I turn down my Road But i only do that when no cars are around and even if i did get caught I never carry a Gun im My Truck and i own the property sooo Thats a diff story /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Thank you for being a respectable sportsman and reporting those fools. I hate seeing those who follow the rules get stereo typed as all illegal / unsportsman like hunters.

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

5. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

in ny spotting deer is gonna get you put in jail, except if you own the property, its called harassing wild life, and if you hve a gun or bow in the car tey take the car the gun the bow and your huntin tag for 1 year>>>> /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Thats insane. At a local trail one night, me and a buddy were pulled over after we left the trial and hit the street. He asked why i had the offroad lights on at the trail, and i told him so i could see further. He asked me about 5 times if I was shining deer, and i said no. He always replied oh, because you know deer shining is legal, i was just wondering if you were. Must be one of those laws that differs state to state.

7. RockaFella

Here in S.C Its By Law To Have Covers over ur offroad lights /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Needless to say i have non on mine and they dont say anything

8. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

I believe its every state that if you have offroad lights they should be covered at all times when not offroad. I have some uncovered ones and never get stopped....besides spotlighting its to keep dumb people from flipping on 5 KC's going down a 2 lane and blinding people off the road. If I remember right there is also some stupid law about having the rear facing ones covered as well.

9. RockaFella

Also Some Dumb Rules is Like No More Than 2 Fog Lights (on your front) and no more than 2 back up lights

10. Troopie's Tonka

Troopie's Tonka 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifhuh, that's funny. the new jeep liberty's have lights up on top, they aren't covered. and i've thought of this mean idea..wonder if i'll get a ticket. ok, we all hate tailgaters, right? Yeah, i do. anyway, put two bright bright lights at my rear bumper, whenever someone is tailgating, tap the brake light to warn them...they keep ridin my ass, so i hit the little red button that sends thousands of lumens right into their eyes..think i'll get in trouble? i am sure it will work well with the ricers too, since their head will be right at my bumper. i am sure it isn't a new idea, i guess hunters and stuff have those lights, but i don't hunt...yet /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

11. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I did that in a different country, and almost got killed /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    But here I think you could get in trouble with the law.