Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1992 & up fullsize Chevy Blazers

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by flash_point, Dec 9, 2001.

1. flash_point

flash_point Registered Member

I hardly ever see those 92 or 93 fullsize Chevy Blazers. Were they no longer considered as a K5 anymore after they changed the body style? I was just wondering cause I don't even see a section here on this entire board for those 92 Blazers & such. I really like those Blazers & was wondering if those years had any issues to them or if there were any big drastic changes to them aside from the outer styling. Thanx

2. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Other than the outside changes they also got indepent front suspension [​IMG] and many other things. go to <a target="_blank" href=http://www.off-road.com>www.off-road.com</a> and go to their message forums, they have a forum with people of that kind of blazer.

<font color=green>[​IMG]1977 K5 GETTIN IT AWN[​IMG]</font color=green>
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT

3. flash_point

Hell I must be blind cause I can't find anyone there w/ a Blazer of those years.

4. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Look at the Chevy/GMC Full Size forum.

Cheryle[​IMG]

5. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    When they changed to IFS, they also changed the Blazer into more of a grocery-getter look good but still a little functional SUV. It isn't nearly as tough as the early years, but it has more public appeal and drivability.

6. flash_point

I really like the '89-'91 style but also the '92 as well. Which is basically an all around better vehicle? Thanx

7. 79ChevySB

79ChevySB 1/2 ton status

I dont think your quite right about how tough the 92 and newer Blazers are. I just got into an accident in mine, and it faired alot better than the other car. Plus they have tougher frames due to the IFS. So if you swapped in a solid axle you would have one tough Blazer.

8. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

OK flashpoint,
    so the K5 designation died in 92 when they completely redesigned the Full size blazer. THe new blazer is also refered to as the K1500 Blazer (K for 4x4, 1500 for 1/2 ton). The blazer name stuck with the 2 door full size suv from 92 to 94, and in 95 it changed to a 2 door Tahoe. Same vehicle, but with the updated interior. I personally have a 94 Full Size Blazer. Im not aware of any specific issues, and assume most issues would be the same as with the trucks/suvs of that year. Anything else u wanted to know abt them?

9. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Oh yea, and just kinda on the idea of newer full size blazers.....I hope they produce that concept of the new K5. Its still got a removeable top, but unfortuantely it has IFS :(.

Darren
    &lt;A HREF="http://members.cardomain.com/dhcomp" target="_new"&gt;&lt;IMG SRC="http://home.attbi.com/~dhcomp/signature.JPG"&gt;&lt;/A&gt;

10. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Hi, I own a 92 Blazer Sport K1500. I love mine. I'm over on the fullsize forum on <a target="_blank" href=http://www.Off-Road.com/Chevy>www.Off-Road.com/Chevy</a> a lot. I've wheeled mine a good deal, and can tell you the IFS isn't up to the same stuff that the older K5's are. I want to eventually do a solid swap on mine, but right now I'm so far in debt I shouldn't even be thinking about it.[​IMG]

Good trucks for what they are. Don't try to go rock crawling or run tires much bigger than 33-35", and you can have fun with them. Bumping around on trails, muddy fields, etc is what they are ment for. When you're talking huge tires, articulation, rock crawling, etc, you want a solid axle.

I live in Michigan, and road salt eats cars alive. The problem is if you want a solid axle 4x4, you are going to have to look around or pony up the dough for a Super Duty or Ram. The old GM solid axles all got eaten by the rust monster years ago.[​IMG]

Life goes on whether you like it or not......................[​IMG]

11. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

I never used to see them. Rare as hell they were, Now I see them daily! I dont know where they hell the damn things were hiding but there all over around here. On the normal daily driving i see 6 or 7 I count them and try to get license plate numbers. i will have one some day! Theres a few in the local car trader for around 7k! go to ebay motors and type in 2dr tahoe or tahoo k5 or blazer sport or yukon gt I was just looking at them last night there was quite a few of them. If anyone wants to see some pictures I have a pictures file on my pc full of them that I stole from around the internet!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

'85 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. '84 k-5 gmc jimmy sierra. '70 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition shaker hood, steering column shift.

12. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Also some of the changes were as listed above, IFS and a standard 5 speed manual, automatic tranny was an option. so was a diesel engine. I think it would be cool to have a diesel yukon sport with an manual.

'85 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. '84 k-5 gmc jimmy sierra. '70 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition shaker hood, steering column shift.