Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1993 Blazer K1500 Silverdado

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by elfoisland, Jan 28, 2002.

1. elfoisland

elfoisland Newbie

Jan 28, 2002
    I've just purchased a 1993 blazer K1500 Silverado, 84k miles,, I'm not any heavy off-roaderneither an expert but I frequently use 4x4 in heavy rain here in Miami and a few times an some "light" trail.
    The truck is standard from the factory it has not any modifications.
    This will be my first Chevy truck and the only literature I found on the web were not really encouraging, I found few reports stating various problems including the ones on the transmission on the pre-1995 Chevy trucks, nevertheless I had a good deal and I bought it today.
    Do you have any suggestions?
    Which size of tire can I put without modifying the lift?
    Any idea in how to put the spare tire outside and save a lot of space?
    Thank you very much for your attention
  2. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Mar 17, 2001
    Hey, congrats on the purchase. I have a 94 K1500 blazer with about the same miles. I've heard the following about tires.....(from AJMBLazer)
    "285/75R16 (33x11.25R16) and 255/85R16 (33x10R16) fit on the stock rims or aftermarket 16x7's with the same 5.25" backspacing as stock without any rubbing. If anything, all you will need to do is trim the black plastic air dam that hangs below the bumper a little on the edges.

305/70R16 (33x12R16) and 295/75R16 (33.25x11.6R16) will fit without rubbing also, but it would be good to put them on the OEM 16x7 rims (not the work truck steel rally wheels in other words, but I doubt your Blazer has those) or aftermarket 16x7 rims with the same 5.25" backspacing, and they MAY require about 1-1.5" of torsion bar cranking from the stock settings. This is perfectly normal and within safe limits. There are people on this board that run all these different tire sizes on their 1/2 ton 4x4 IFS trucks without any problems. Good luck. I personally like the 285/75R16's myself, but whatever you want, it will work. Keep your gearing in mind though."

I know that they make external swing out type tire carriers, but i think they are a hassle and personally think they look terrible. I'm not sure what your height limits are, but i'd definitely consider upgrading the roof rack and getting a roof top spare carrier before i put it on teh back. good luck!

<a target="_blank" href=http://members.cardomain.com/dhcomp>http://members.cardomain.com/dhcomp</a>
  3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Jul 15, 2001
    You can run 16X8's and 305/75/16's WITH NO mods,,,, and I mean NONE!!!

I had them on my suburban- it was a 94- same exact thing as your 93- however your just missing a few feet! LOL

Good luck with the rig- hey--- any interest in selling me the seats out of it?? LOL I want them bad!!!!!

LOVING the new Duramax!!!