Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1994 chevy no fuel : (

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by HELLBENT DESIGNS, Sep 20, 2006.

1. HELLBENT DESIGNS

HELLBENT DESIGNS 1/2 ton status

hey all quick question. i have a 1994 chevy z71 with the 5.7l. yesterday i go to start it ......nothing, it turns over fine has spark, but no fuel. i poured a bit of gas in carb and it starts right uo and runs till the fuel i poured in in used. i checked the underhood fuse which seems fine and pulled the fuel feed line off tbi and nothing. would this be for sure fuel pump:dunno: of course i just filled the tank before this happened! i know nothing of fuel injection rigs, so any help would be much appreciated thx:D

2. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yep fuel pump. Have fun!!!! Been there done that twice.

3. HELLBENT DESIGNS

HELLBENT DESIGNS 1/2 ton status

4. 1979jimmy350

1979jimmy350 1/2 ton status

before you go replacing the fuel pump you might want to make sure it is the fuel pump and not a relay or bad wire.

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

module too!

The ignition module controls both spark AND fuel injector pulse on most later GM trucks with fuel injection..It's entirely possible for only one portion of the module to fail and the other still work fine (no spark,but the injectors fire,or the spark is fine,but no injector pulse)..

I've replaced several that were that way..usually a fuel pump dies gradually,but not always..I'd suspect the module and have it tested at a parts store before pulling the tank,and also the relay and wiring as already suggested,if this happened suddenly..(use a test light to see if 12V is getting to the plug on the fuel pump,or the wire if the plug can't be reached..)

I helped my friend pull a tank out of a truck and replace the fuel pump not long ago--and when we were done,it still refused to start!--so he puts in a "good used" module we saved from another truck we scrapped..it still won't start!..then I checked the fuses,and the "ECM" fuse was blown!..OOPS!:doah: --don't do a lot of work for nothing,like we did!..:(