Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1994 fullsize blazer....k5 or no?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by hoppy, Aug 20, 2002.

1. hoppy

hoppy Registered Member

im new to the board...its great. i own a 1994 fullsize blazer, silverado 1500. my registartion says k5 and i thought it was a k5 but after reading farther they say they stopped making the k5 in 1991. whats the deal is it a k5 or no? its a two door, has a 5.7 350, fuel injected. i bought it two years ago with 52,000 on it owned buy some guy born in the late 1930's. to say the liest this thing was/is almost mint. it's not my daily driver(i try not to rack the miles up on her to much). i love this truck, its all i hoped it would be and more. besides a dynamax exauhst, and a k&n offroad air cleaner assembly i havent done anything yet. anyone own one on this board? i saw the article in the four wheeler magazine, thats where i got this address.i havent yet seen many articles or pictures of more current fullsize blazers. anyway, great site.

2. Jonathan

Jonathan 1/2 ton status

If you ask me, your Blazer is not a K5. My definition of a K5 is a fullsize Chevy 2-door 4x4 with a straight front axle and a removable top. If I'm not mistaken, 88-91 fullsize Blazers are not technically K5's either, their official designition is a V1500 Blazer. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

3. DuckTruck

DuckTruck Registered Member

I've got a 93 Fullsize Blazer. Love it to say the least and no it is not a K5. They classify them as a K10 on my insurance and property tax stuff. K5's have a sfa and the K10 has ifs.

OUT.

4. hoppy

hoppy Registered Member

my insurance, title and tax all say k5.....so whats the deal? mistake?

5. Jonathan

Jonathan 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    K5's have a sfa and the K10 has ifs.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That doesn't really have anything to do with the front suspensionn type. It just tells the insurer that they're insuring a 4-wheel-drive vehicle with a half-ton weight rating. K or V means 4-wheel-drive; 5, 10, or 1500 means it's a half-ton. That's my understanding of how it works.