Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1994 k2500 ext cab SAS????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Dec 16, 2006.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

my dad has a 94 gmc 2500 ext cab with 260k+miles on it and its kinda worn out. but the body is in desent shape and i can get it from him for a song. my question is is it possible to SAS with a chevy d60 if i change the x-case too or will the floor shape cause problems? also theres a few differnt kits to do SAS. is any particular kit better than the others or would a custom built with long leaves be better?

balzer

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

check the IFS forums on this site. yes, it can be done. IIRC b454rat has done it, as well as a couple others

3. b454rat

b454rat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If you want to change your t-case you can run the GM60. I had a divorced case, so mine wasn't directly under the floorboard. If there is any clearance problems, nothing a Ford tool can't take care of. There are a bunch of kits out there, but I think it's a toss up as to which is better. The Sky kit looks good, and the price definitly makes it look better. Not sure about the 6" lift over stock with just the brackets.