Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1995 Blazer Computer problems?

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by SS66, Dec 1, 2003.

1. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Ok, I went on a 5 hour trip this weekend in a 95 blazer. When we reached our destination the owner changed the spark plugs. The truck now: Vibrates badly ( all cylinders not igniting? ) It jerks when the truck is shifted ( not when it shifts while driving, Im talking about going from D to R ect. ) Its a bit louder, it looks like all the idiot lights are on, most of the braking power is gone, power steering is harder and the cruise control no longer works.

Is this a computer problem? Or could it be something else.

Thanks

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Maybe some of the spark plug wires didn't get put back right and is causing the computer to do goofy things. ???? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. atlantak-5er

atlantak-5er 1/2 ton status

If it ran fine before the spark plug change, I would say one or more of the plug wires are not plugged into the coorect cylinder's plug. this would screw up the firing order and could cause all of the porblems you listed.

4. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

Wow I never would have guessed plug wires could cause all this havoc. Glad its not my truck lol. Thanks guys