Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Charlotte, NC

Discussion in 'Complete Vehicles' started by blowedupmotor87, Apr 23, 2007.

1. blowedupmotor87

blowedupmotor87 1/2 ton status Premium Member

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Charlotte, NC
    Chargold ext., Charcoal leather int.
    The Good:
    Only 83,000 miles! 5.2 V-8, auto, swapped in 231 part-time t-case (brand new unit from Advanced Adapters with their slipyoke eliminator, has about 10K on it now). Tom Woods driveshafts, Aussie Locker in rear Dana 44A, 4.5" Rubicon Express short-arm kit, Skidrow gas tank and t-case skids, Kevin's offroad radiator mount crossmember with tow shackles, Carolina Rockshop fabbed rocker sliders, Tera flex high steer kit with all new bearings and seals in Dana 30 frontend, re-manned engine less than 10K ago, tranny flush at same time, 33X10.50 BFG mud terrains approx 45% tread left on 15X8 faux bead lock black steel rims, matching spare rim and tire that have never seen the road, still have original 16 inch alloy rims that will get put in the back but, no original sized tires, also, Dynomax cat-back exhaust.
    The bad:
    Bump steers like a mug, wouldn't be too bad for a fab shop to fix, just needs a custom panhard bar and mounts and a steering stabilizer. No A/C, no carpet (but if you decide to put some in, I am including a full set of Husky floor liners, including the cargo area one (like $270 set)). Drivers bottom seat cushion leather is shredded (the rest of the leather is absolutely perfect though!), Some engine accessory bearing (I think) squeals like crazy, sounds like maybe the alternator but, it is new so, I don't know. Fog lights don't work, and the original Infinity sound system may be on it's way out (all the redundant steering wheel controls for it work perfectly but, some of the buttons on the head unit can be finicky sometimes and, if it is cold, rainy weather, the CD player won't work until you have had the heat on for a while). The rear Aussie Locker seems to be glitching, it's only happened twice (once to me and once to my girlfriend) but, going around a 90 degree turn to the right on pavement whilst accelerating, it has locked up and not unlocked, causing the truck to shake violently until you come to a stop and let it sit for a moment and then it goes back to normal. Lastly, I think the welded on mounting nuts for the front seats maybe stripped out a bit but, that would be an easy fix, the bolts are long enough that you could put another set of nuts on them. All this stuff I would fix but, I want to focus my energy and finances on the Jimmy project. I have kept all my receipts on this truck, I have about $16K in it but, as with any project truck, I know I won't get that out of it so, $4500 OBO.
    Thanks everybody! :D

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  2. blowedupmotor87

Reduction in price, $4500 OBO! I know this is a K5 forum but, somebody might enjoy a nice little luxo wheeler Jeep!:D

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  3. blowedupmotor87

Reduced, $4500 OBO. NAGCA site has disappeared so, no pics there. If you give me your e-mails I can send pics, thanks! Here's one pic I have on here, sorry about the camera angle, my buddy took it![​IMG]

4. blowedupmotor87

5. blowedupmotor87

Update: New price! $4250 OBO!!!

6. bananablazer

bananablazer 1/2 ton status

more pics plz

7. blowedupmotor87

Just shoot me a PM with an e-mail and I'll get some out to ya! Thanks!:D

8. bananablazer

intreseted in any trades?-http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?p=2478021&posted=1#post2478021

9. blowedupmotor87

I appreciate the offer, that is a nice Blazer, I really like the last-gen body style, my roommate used to have a sweet one! But, I have an 87 K5 Jimmy as a project now. I really need the Jeep gone, we are running out of parking spots at the house! Let me know when you sell and we can work out a deal on the Jeep for 'ya! Thanks!
    P.S. have you put the Blazer up for sale here yet?

10. bananablazer

have'nt put it up there yet b/c its my dd. Just been trying see if i can get a trade going but looks like it will be there soon enough. thx good luck

11. blowedupmotor87

12. blowedupmotor87

Still for sale, $4K OBO! Somebody make me an reasonable offer!:D

13. blowedupmotor87