Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1996 Tahoe question

Discussion in 'Audio' started by MOABDADC22, Jun 19, 2002.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I Have a 1996 Chevy Tahoe with the factory AM/Fm/Cassette and C/D player. I bought a Kenwood Rf modulator C/D Changer. The Kenwood should just plug into the antenna, right??? I know that I have to hook up a few power/ground wires.
    My question is can I just unplug and remove the factory C/D player? It is totally seperate from the AM/FM/Cassette deck.If so, does anyone make a cover for the factory C/D player, so that there is not a big hole in the dash?

2. rebel222

rebel222 Registered Member

Does it work? I would leave it in if it does, in case you wanna hear a cd but don't wanna stop the car to put it in. I install at Circuit City, and I have never seen a cover for this, or even seen the cd portion removed. You will probably have to leave it in.

3. BozoWise

BozoWise 1/2 ton status

Go to the GM dealer and tell them you want the "pocket" that mounts in place of the cd player. I think my dealer here charges us 12.00 for them. Check out a used trucks, subs, tahoes, or yukons from 95-98 they all have the same dash and you'll see what pocket I am referring to.