Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1999 GMC Suburban Rear Heater Core Different? Stock Vs. Aftermarket Baffled??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2High4U, Dec 13, 2006.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

I was shopping at NAPA and found a rear heater core that was listed for my 1999 GMC Suburban, so I bought it thinking nothing of it. The counter guy double checked for me to see if it was for sure what I had ordered.

I bring it home ready to get this all finished up and I find out that the one that I got was to thick to fit on the housing and that the tubes coming off of it were the same size from the stock one.

My question is where can I find one that is a sure fit because I was forced to bypass the lines and tape up my A\C lines until I can get another one that will work. I also was wondering if they had came with different heater boxes in the rear for this year.

I have searched and searched and found nothing to answer these questions of mine so I figured I would post up and see if anyone here knows.

on the plus side I installed the clear lights\turnsignals(corner lights are still amber the clear corners looked gay) up front replacing the old faded hard to see out of factory ones. I also installed a billet grille that looks way better than that stupid huge GMC logo that was one the old one.

I think I made out pretty good only paying $150 even to my door for both the lights and grille.:D

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

3. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

thanks ill give it a look.