Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1999 Siverado - Service 4WD warning

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by BorregoK5, Dec 18, 2002.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I've got a 99 Silverado 4x4 that intermittently brings up a Service 4WD warning. GM is stumped, no apperent rhyme or reason and nothing seems to be failing or wrong. Anyone else experience this?

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

do a search at www.thedieselpage.com under the 2500 tranmsission/drivetrain section...if I remember correctly- there was a few over there with this problem-

Brandy

3. nash69

nash69 Registered Member

I had that pro once on mine. I believe there is some sort of redisgned fluid for the trans and xfer case. least thats what they told me. thye seem to be a reputable dealer though so i venture to say you should ask about it.

4. DuneRunnersDad

DuneRunnersDad Registered Member

Had mine replaced on my '01 a couple months back under warrenty. Dealer said this happens all the time. Something about a low volt/amp type thing from the BAD SWITCH that prompts the computer to display the "Service 4WD" to pop up. Same thing happened to my neighbors '00 p/u. As I recall the price for the part was around $15-$20.