Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1st bad post 2003 93 chevy runnig extremely rough need help!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bad_bo_ti, Dec 31, 2002.

1. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

went out to my truck today to go over to my girlfriends house. it was driven fine then i went to give it alittle more gas and it starts to spit and sputter and back fires(sounds like) through the throttle body? any ideas what it could be, i looked in my haynes manual and there are quit a few problems it could, anyone know what one could be possible
    ignition system problems.... time or not operating properly
    dirty fuel injectors
    low fuel pressure
    egr not function properly
    vacuum leak
    valve clearences incorrect
    damaged valve springs
    intake air leak
    the things is is no check or service engine light is coming on so i would think it would be mechanical and or an injector since the comp dont really read those. please help thanks

Chris

2. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

Chris
    First it's still tuesday 12/31/02
    Second I would start looking at the timing cuase of the back fire. at lest it's a start.

Eric

3. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

ok i will try that, and it was wednesday here in ohio when i posted it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

dont know what it was but it is running fine now. I unhooked the electric spark control(esc) to check the timing and the timing was fine, i even reved it up with the esc unhooked and it ran fine. disconnected the coil and ran the ohm meter check on it, and it looked alright. plugged it all back in fired it up reved it and was fine, took it for drive and it ran fine. It must not of wanted to be driven last night is all i can think of... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif thanks for the help anyhow

5. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

It must be just messing with ya /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    Well it's good to hear it's back to normal hopfuly it will last.

Eric