Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1st Drive in the '91 Jimmy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Robert D, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Robert D

Robert D 1/2 ton status

This thing is sweet. I replaced the battery today, had some trouble with the positive battery terminal and corrosion but I got it off (plan to replace those cables soon). This thing is fun, its such a different feeling riding up high than the 6inch-off-the-ground Porsche I had.

Now my next steps are to register/inspect the truck and I should be ready to guzzle some gasoline. I added a chevron techron bottle to the gas this time around since it sat for so long. Hope it helps to clean out the fuel system. The motor idles smooth, the cabin smells of dust, and the truck rides like a tank.

I will be a happy camper with this rig. Thanks for the help with my pre-purchase questions, I'll be registering for a year membership when my paycheck clears.

2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Sounds good. Enjoy it. :thumb:

3. Tio Chango

Tio Chango Registered Member

My other car is a 944 Turbo. When both it and the truck are running at the same time I love going from one to the other, it's a drastic change. Sorry about the wrecked P-car... congrats on the Jimmy!