Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1st E-Bay sell

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by js4x4, Jan 23, 2005.

1. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

:pimp: sold my first item on e-bay tonight, (cell phone) am pretty stoked...considering I got offers from friends/aquaintances for $25-$50 less than it sold for:D It paid for my RAM and video card I got this week (well, $5 less than the 2 cost me combined!), so I am so freakin happy!! Overall its been a learning experiance, cuz I was skeered I was gonna get screwed hard (cough, the phone cost me $400 new:blush:). Not that I was expecting much, went into it hoping for at least $25 for it(opening bid)...its just been sitting in my desk doing nothing for 6 months! E-bay is weird...i had a reserve price and got all kinds of off e-bay offers....took off the reserve and they went away!?? So in my exp. if you want to avoid crap offers, don't have a reserve, just set an opening price what ya bare bones won't part with it for. (and e-bay doesn't gouge you an extra % for the reserve--saves you $ even if it may seem like pennies) rock on bro's!!!!

2. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Ya, ebay is great. I have an old carb on there now that needs rebuilt and it's over $60 !!! They are increasing the selling fees soon though, close to double what it is now!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Expect to pay a little more for stuff.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

may try to sell my IROKs on ebay if they don't sell soon.

4. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

what do you have to do to set up an account to buy and sell things on there? I have some stuff that needs to find a new home. The only thing i don't like is that it is hard to find things right near where you are at.

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Sell them before Feb 18, ebay doubles the selling fees that day.

Scroll down to

***eBay.com / eBay Motors Fee Changes***
    Date: 01/12/05 Time: 08:03:05 AM PST

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/marketing.shtml

6. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

its reallly easy to set up an account. I did it in 5 minutes, had my ad up in 10. I didn't waste a bunch of time/money with all thier extras. A picture (u get one free) helps 1000%...i didn't have any bids til i edited and added a photo.

I'm now kinda frustrated cuz the person that bid and won my phone e-mails me "i can't get paypal to take my deit card, will you take a check?" Funny, I think in my ad it said "pay using paypal" about 5 times :confused: Sure, I reminded him it won't ship til payment is fulfilled (ensure I don't get a bouncey check).

7. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

In your Paypal account there may be an option to accept credit/debit cards or not. If you don't have the option checked he may not be able to use Paypal. If not, then maybe ask him for a money order? I never take cashiers checks, anyone can print them out. I usually request a Postal Money Order.

8. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

i didn't offer a cashiers check as an option...just check or money order.