Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1st Gear=Scream, 2nd Gear=Scream, 3rd Gear=BANG! ... No Gears!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BorregoK5, Jun 12, 2002.

1. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I haven't torn it down yet, still arranging a tow. I've either sheared the th-350 input/output (sprag) shaft or the coupling between the th350 and the np203. Gotta love Jesse's High Angle 1350 CV though with the one ton gear. I'm so used to snapping drivelines like twigs that I was shocked to see it still in premium shape!!! Thanks Jesse, you don't make 1350 style trannies do ya? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

wow.i just seen yesterday you were trying out the new engine and mods.sorry to hear your already broke and having to do more repairs.i did the same thing to the output shaft on my sm465.nuthing else inside the tranny was effected,but it was not a good sound to hear.had to replce outoput shaft and tranny/transfew coupling.at least i was close enuf to get towed back without much trouble a tow strap couldnt handle.

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

It's all good! I figure its a healthy part of natural selection. Push it till it weeds out the weak and sickly and replace it with something healthier. Whatever the problem turns out to be, at least it was well contained. Other than not turning the t-case there aren't any funny noises or anything signalling any kind of failure... maybe I lost the pump.. who knows. If I broke another tranny though, I'm definately not putting any more cash into the th350... time to go th400 or stick.

4. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Where are you at? I'm planning on fixing the Sub tonite and the trailer is empty.

How's your wife doing with all of these little bug you're working out? I don't think mine could handle it.

5. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the offer, It's down by La Costa Canyon Business Park (Questhaven road) which is about a mile from my house. Thankfully, I'll be able to tow strap it with Ol Faithfull (my 72 1 ton chevy Cheyanne 2wd). That truck has rescued more vehicles but its about the fugliest old truck you've ever seen, second time rescuing the blazer for similar problems! At least I wasn't in El Centro this time! I've got a buddy showing up at 6 to go get it.

The Wife has been good up until this breakage, but I think its because she wanted to drive it somewhere tomorrow. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif