Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1st Gen Air Conditioning Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mikeperez22, May 21, 2004.

1. mikeperez22

mikeperez22 Registered Member

I have found a 72 Blazer without A/C. I'm thinking about buying it, but I really had my heart set one with factory air. Does anyone know how hard it is and what is involved to do a conversion. My main concern is the dashboard that doesn't have any vent openings. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hmmmm, well since you are still in the market than I would probably pass and look for a different truck. You would have to change the dash, plumb the air ducts in, and get all the bracketry and underhood parts. Sounds like a big job to me. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

BTW, good call on the A/C, if it gets hot their like it does here in Cali than you will never regret holding out for an A/C truck. I love my A/C. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

You can buy a really nice aftermarket system for the 1st gen trucks from Vintage Air or Old Air Products. That would be the easy way to go in your situation.