Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1st gen front sway bar

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Topdown, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

just what the title says... if you got one, lemme know.

2. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

well i got a bunch of second gen with the proper drilled and taped spring plates and i am very sure they wil fit cause ya can bolt a 2 or 3rd gen axle right up but shipping on the bar might b tuff the plates are no problem
    and to be on the safe side id b happy to give a 60 day $$ back guarante
    Randy
    well make me a offer on it and well go from there

3. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

Uhhh... mine don't have one. Where they even available for first gens? Where they standard or is this just an aftermarket add-on?

4. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Never available on a 1st Gen.....

Just get the later model one (be sure to also get the spring plates with the tapped holes for the bar ends, 'cuz the 1st Gens don't have any holes)

Then fab up a couple of swaybar hangers off the engine crossmember.....add a set of ORD discos if you want to be "fancy" and call it a day. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Edit: (BTW -> This is a great mod, because all the 2nd Gen guys are always throwing away their swaybars to prove how cool they are.....so you can usually score them for FREE!)

5. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

mine didnt have one either, but I know that the 4x4 SWB I test drove a couple weekends ago had a stock one on it... so I figured what the heck... if it fits the SWB wouldnt it fit a K5?

6. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

I have one that I had made for my 72 before it got the d60 I had to make a cross member to hold it in place its still on the truck if you like I will take a few pics of it and if you want it just make me an offer. I dont know what shipping would be like for it but I have every thinng you would need the spring plates the sway bar the cross member and the mounting hardware.

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I have 3 of em here. one is off the wagon it has brand new ORD bushing kit. I also have the spring plates. I don't have the frame brackets since it's part of the frame but I do have those bushings too. Zero miles. You can have all that but You'd have to buy the disconnects if ya want to add those. I have one extra set of those here.
    I could add it to the box of outers. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Jeremy