Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1st Gen. GMC

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by HuskerBlazer, Apr 14, 2001.

1. HuskerBlazer

HuskerBlazer 1/2 ton status

I was just thinking about this (don't really know why [​IMG]), but I don't think I have ever seen a 2WD 1st gen. Jimmy. I'm assuming they made them, but I guess I'm not positive. Seen plenty of 4WD but no 2WD. Hmmm... Anybody have any input?

K-5...Soccer moms inquire within.

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

yep they made 'em...not may, but they made them. There's one for sale on this site somewhere.

[​IMG]

3. HuskerBlazer

HuskerBlazer 1/2 ton status

If someone wanted to switch front ends (Chev to GMC), i.e. me [​IMG], it wouldn't be a major hassle, would it? I'm guessing the rad. support may be different with the different grille, not sure what else. Has anybody done this (or the other way around)?

K-5...Soccer moms inquire within.

4. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Try searching the forums...I remember this beeing talked about in mid-2000...Ithink it's a major hassle for such a small change.

[​IMG]

5. Crushergmc

Crushergmc 1/2 ton status

Some things to know. A 67-72 GMC fenders are the same (except no marker light holes for 67) and the hood is the same width, therefore the rad support is the same basically). The 67&68 Chevy fenders and hoods are the same size as all GMCs. 69-72 hoods are not as wide and the fenders are "bigger" therefore the rad support is different. So, your 69 will need fenders, rad support, and hood. Also, any trim you would like to have. Try posting new subjects as a seperate topic. You'll get faster responses.

70 Jimmy, 454, 2wd
    56 GMC, Big Window