Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1st Gen NOS Bed Sides

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rab38, Apr 25, 2004.

1. rab38

rab38 Registered Member

Well I just got back from Spring Carlise show in PA and brought back a set of original NOS bed sides for a 1st gen blazer. I just had to buy them it is going to save alot if time on my restoration. I didn't even know they made these things. They are in great shape no rust what so ever and alot heavier material than the repo sheet metal you can get.
    I'll try an post some pics later

2. ljbear

ljbear Registered Member

You don't need those. What satifaction will you get when you talk about the restoration? The story will be much better if you could share how you toiled /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif and labored /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif to get those panels straight all by yourself. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Are there any part numbers on them?

3. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

you can also use the bed sides from a short base truck, you'll have to get them modified to fit around and close to the door, though.

ARQ.

4. ljbear

ljbear Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    you can also use the bed sides from a short base truckARQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, that's what I have planned. I don't even want to guess what the NOS panels would go for, if I could find them.

5. rab38

rab38 Registered Member

I was looking at the bed sides for a short bed at the show. They wanted $410per side. I got the NOS Blzer sides for $900 for both and don't have to do alot of work to them like the truck sides. If you can't find blazer sides then the truck sides are the next bes thing.

I have already pulled the pass side off my Blazer and am in the process of fixing the floor so I can mount my new side.