Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1st gen parts needed

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by earl87gta, Sep 11, 2003.

1. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

I need the rear pannel trim pease that hold the pannel in and I would like the pannels if close buy to use as a pattern to make new ones for my blazzer. I could also use a A/C system for the truck.
    Thanks Earl

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Earl,

You can make new patterns faster and easier than by waiting for someone else's help! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Just get some scraps of cardboard, masking tape and a sharp utility knife. Cut the cardboard to fit into the areas....do it in maybe 3 parts (the initial UP angled area, the straight over the hump area, and the down angled area.) Once you get each section fitting well.....just tape them together and then you have a template that you can trace onto 1/8" masonite or whatever you want.

There might be a small amount of additional fitting required if your template isn't perfect, but once you get the first side done, you should have a VERY accurate template to trace for the 2nd one!!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

I'll bet you could do the whole project in a couple of hours..... I did. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

3. earl87gta

earl87gta 1/2 ton status

That was my plan B but I would still like to find a set of the chrome moldings for the top of them.
    Earl