Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1st gen seat question?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 70chevybob, Dec 13, 2005.

1. 70chevybob

70chevybob Registered Member

Thinking about using this particular APC seat. I know that a majority of the folks on this site do not like APC company but have not really given any reasons. Is the workmanship poor for the price ? Seems tear after a few weeks? Not comfortable? I have done a Search and have not found to much about this particular bench seat.

It will be going into a 70c10 and no it is not a daily driver. It is trailerd to every trail and sees ocasional Asphalt.
    034124133K.jpg

034124133K.jpg

2. 72 SAC

72 SAC Registered Member

They are comfortable looking seats. But I wouldn’t put them in my blazer, cause I like the low back seats. Just my 2 cents.

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Highback seats in a classic convertible just don't look right.....IMHO

Also, black seems like a poor color choice for something that's going to see a lot of sunshine.....ouch! :D

4. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

X2.

5. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

c10? As in a 2wd? As in a truck?
    If so, the black color will have no ill effects from the sun.

Although I know of at least one K5 running factory black bucket seats going topless and yes their very HOT in the open sun.

Is this your wheeling, 4x4 trail use truck or a K5 blazer?

Should be interesting to hear the consensus on the seats.
    They look decent in the pic.

6. vtblazer

vtblazer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nothing wrong with a nice high back bucket in a first gen either.:waytogo:

DCP_3392bigblazer.jpg

7. jaros44

jaros44 1/2 ton status

I have about the same seats(V-Racing) in black cloth. I have them mounted on a pc. of alum. diamond plate 1/2" thick and was able to use the original seat brackets although I will change it later as I have seen some awesome looking mounts that go all the way across the interior compartment. My .02

8. 70chevybob

70chevybob Registered Member

Sorry about the Vague Discription.

Those Particular seats may end up In my 1970C10 4x4 short bed. tucked away inside a cab. This particular vehicle is the Trail Machine. It sees hardcore use but the Caprice Seats that are now in it are falling apart literaly. Plus I like having a Race Style Bench seat That has a Cold Beverage holder.

I just had the Floorboard, firewall,and Behind the gas tank sprayed With Line-x. The All Black seat should look Alright inside the cab. I'm not to worried about the Fabric fading because if its not on a trail. It will be parked in a Shop out of the elements.

I was Just wondering about the Workman ship of the APC company. I have done an extensive search and found that a majority of the ck5'ers do not like the APC logo. Just wondering.

9. jcfoote60

jcfoote60 Newbie

I had those exact seats in a 71 Jimmy I bought off of eBay and I re-sold them. They fit fine but the Jimmy has a 2-1/2" lift and you could tell by getting in and out of the Jimmy caused the seat foam to break down even though the vinyl was solid. The seats looked brand new other than the foam breakdown from the driver climbing in and out. my observation

10. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Hey now! X2 on the black high back seats are cool list.:wink1:

:ignore: << But that's if it is sunny out.

:haha:

Side 71.jpg

11. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Your truck is very nice......but it would have even more coolerness with a set of the stock lowback seats, rebuilt with the Mastercraft suspension webbing, and then covered in a factory vinyl trim with a houndstooth insert on the upper and lower cushion.

With your current color combo, I'd say a black&white houndstooth would be killer.

THE END.

:pimp:

ps. Maybe not as cool as those drawings on your driveway though.....

12. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Yes, there is some fine artwork courtesy of the youngins. At least this time they did it outside instead of on their bedroom wall. :doah: