Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1st Gen system set-ups

Discussion in 'Audio' started by ChrisM72beast, Jul 11, 2001.

1. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

Hey everybody,
    I'm looking for any and all places, pictures and ideas where to put an amp(can be two) and speakers. I've got a RockFos 200 already and a Pioneer 10" tube sub. My other speakers are just some 6x9s. They are expendable. I can put in seperates. I have a CD changer under my passenger seat.
    So please tell me your tales of speaker and amp placement. Even early 2nd Gen Blazers feel free. I got a little cash and I might as well be stupid and have some fun.

Chris M

http://www.geocities.com/chrism72beast/beastpage.html

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I would like some inputs too. I've got a pair of good 6x9s now and my 12s. I was thinking of 6 1/2s and tweeters in the dash later on, but I haven't decided yet.

My amp is under the driver's seat of my truck. I think I'm putting the other amp under the passenger seat.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

3. Fish

Fish Registered Member

6X9's - Get yourself some "truck boxes". They're designed to fit behind the bench seat of a pick-up. If you give yourself extra speaker wire, you can set them wherver you want. Most of the time, I just left them on the back seat. If people were riding with me, I'd just move them behind the seat or down on the floor. Works good for tailgating too!

4. 72jim

72jim 1/2 ton status

i don't have my amp yet but when i get it it's going under the drivers seat. my 6x9's are in 6x9 boxes between the front seats and the bench seat as close to the wheel well as possible. no sound barriers that way(ie bench seat) i'll also be putting tweeters where the factory stereo knobs went to get the highs up close.(1-3/8") i want to work an eq in where the factory stereo body went and with the sub in the way back it should all work out good