Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1st gen tailgate and doors

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by JohnSPledg, Dec 2, 2001.

1. JohnSPledg

JohnSPledg 1/2 ton status

I am looking for a tailgate and possibly doors for a 1st gen blazer. I live in Louisiana and will be traveling to colorado shortly after the 1st of the year.

2. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

John
    I have a good solid Chev tailgate with a dent for $75, and a VGC GMC tailgate for $125. I have the takeoff doors for the Jimmy which have some rust in the bottoms which I can let go cheap. Also, I am redoing the Jimmy, and have axles, takeoff bedsides, M465 and other stuff you may be able to use. I am in Hosuton, not a dealer, and would rather move these parts reasonably than store them.
    JB

3. JohnSPledg

Do you have any pics of the parts? I am very interested in the chevy tailgate, as well as the doors depending on their condition. I would especially like to see a pic of the tailgate lip from the side. I had a problem in the past with someone selling me a bowed out truck tailgate.

4. JungleBoy

JungleBoy 1/2 ton status

John
    No pics - I am in Peru at the moment. The tailgate I am offering, the Chev one, is currently on my 72 Blazer, so fit and operation is not a problem. The GMC tailgate came off my Jimmy and likewise functioned well. If you are interested, I will shoot pics when I return next week. Where in Louisiana are you?
    JB

5. JohnSPledg

I am in Baton Rouge. I would greatly appreciate you sending me the pictures next week.