Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1st Post here, Hello 77 Chev Owner Pic

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Willy-N, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Willy-N

Willy-N Registered Member

Well I found a Chevy site to post on. I got me a Chevy 4X4 again after I sold my messed up newer Dodge. I used to have a 1975 and a 1980 4X4 1/2 tons but I now have a mixed 4X4 1977 1 Ton Dulley Chevy with a 454 in it. Realy like the power for towing so far. The truck is a 73 Frame, 77 Cab, 454?? w/ 400 Turbo, 79-80 Bed? I am enclosing a picture of it. It has been gone thru from front to rear and the engine totaly rebuilt with less than 4,000 miles on it. I think I scored picking it up for $4,000.00 but on the Dodge Site they figure I got ripped off? This baby is realy clean inside and out. I can't find any rust yet and it drives like a new truck. Even the hood is straite and closes with one finger to lock it. My last ones were not that way! Just looking for a point of view on it. This one won't be used off road like my last ones but it is a work truck for hauling loads of hay, more trucks and equipment. Not the best on gas but I realy don't care cause I have a high MPG vehical and this one will be use for what it was built to do. It does have 4.10s and 16 inch tires with locking hubs. Well did I get a good deal? Thanks, Mark[​IMG]

2. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

id drive it :)

and welcome

3. the beast

the beast 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good deal to me.

welcome.

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

welcome to the site, that is a nice truck.

i would say you got a deal on it , but up here in canada irust would have eaten that long ago, so it is a great deal. other places it may be more common of a truck, i would say you got a goos deal alround, she should work real nice for you in towing and hauling.

this is a really great site and questions you have will get answered here.

se you around ,dave

5. Willy-N

I have got a lot of Comments on it!

Thanks for the welcome. I do get a lot of coments on it when I take it to town (I live in the middle of nowhere) it has a mild Cam and with the Flow Masters it has a nice tone to it. Most guys say hey Nice Old Chevy! To me it is new but I like the older ones more, easier to work on. Mark

6. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

You got ripped off!!! Being the nice guy I am, I will give your money back to you and you can give me the truck.:p: :p: :p:
    Just Kidding

Sweet deal. Welcome to the site.

7. Willy-N

I do want to change the carb to the best one for the 454 Engine. I don't need to smoke the tires off. It has the Compitison Series on now but is could use a little smaller one the way it is geared. Never have to open the secondarys pulling so far, but when you do the fuel gauge moves like the truck does. Mark

8. Willy-N

I tried to sell it for him on EBay for $5,000.00 but got no takers. So I asked what is the lowest you take for it. He said 4 grand so I scrounged up the money and have been happy since! Gas was real high then, still is now! Mark

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Gorgeous truck . I too would use it for what its made for ....... hauling the trail rig , and working :D

10. Willy-N

My other truck is a Freightliner

This is my real toy a 1994 COE Freightliner I just finished building from scratch. I contract it to the USFS Fighting Wildland Fires. This is a blast to drive 15 speeds, 435 HP Cat 3406C and a Sleeper for the end of the day. I have a 63 Willys Jeep with a V-6 155 hp engine that I take off road and beat a little for fun. Mark[​IMG]

11. Willy-N

My other toys

This is my 1963 CJ5 Jeep I built for off road use. Gets around pretty good for a sorta stock Jeep. Still have a few plans for it later as I find more money? Mark[​IMG]

12. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

welcome and sweet tuck

LUKE

13. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

:eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

Dude, you just posted a heep pic on a GM site! Your post count should return to zero, and you forfeit your dually to me! Dang nice Chevy and welcome to the board.

14. Willy-N

The Heep has a Newer GM V6 in it tho! They sure are a money pit I got 6 grand into it and it is still a Heep. That makes it haft a GM so I win. I am real glad to have a Chevy back again. Just did not seem right with out one in the drive way. Mark H.

15. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Nice!! I'll take that in a Crew cab please:bow:

16. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have been looking for a dually 4wd lately. They are hard to find, and a bonus is my wife doesnt like them. I think that makes me want one more!:D

17. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I see a Dana 60 front end. :D Nice truck.

18. Willy-N

My Wife loves them!

The reason I was able to get it is because my Wife loves it. Pulls her horse trailer nice. It was a easy sell if they want one also. Mark H.

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Welcome to CK5 !!! You won't find better GM info, or a nicer group of people anywhere on the internet.

20. Willy-N

Yes it is a Dana 60

It is winter out so I haven't got all the numbers off it. The guy who used to own it built it for show but could not afford the gas for every day driving. It seems to have a lot of good years of parts in it. The engine is built some what with a RV Cam, Special adjustible Timing gears, all new pistons, rods, push rods, complete new bearings , turned crank and bored .030 over. The heads are totaly gone thru with all new parts bolted on the outside of the engine. First time in a long time I got one with a complete new exsaust system, oil pump, water pump, brake system, dist, carb, belts, hoses, interior, paint, tires ect. Even the radiator is new on it. Can't ask for more than that on a used rig! It was like taking it off the show room floor when it was built. It is a keeper for a long time around here. Mark