Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1st post... looking at a 74 Blazer.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BlackDog714, Aug 20, 2002.

1. BlackDog714

BlackDog714 1/2 ton status

I went to look at a 74 Blazer this weekend. It had a Perkins Diesel 6cyl/turbo400/NP203 Dana44/12b... The lady was asking $1500 and told me it was in "pretty good" shape. I drove for 2 hours to look, boy was I disappointed. Drivers door sagged badly, the passenger door didnt open (hung up on the fender), the tailgate glass wouldnt roll down and it was lifted with 2" square tubing (front and rear). Both front fenders were heavily bondo'd. However the top was in perfect shape. I offered her $700, and she just walked away like I slapped her. I would have felt comfortable with $700 and could have gone higher. Does this sound like something I should persue? I'm not looking for a resto, just a truck to build.

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

for $1500 u can find way better. hell, if i was u, i would have laughed in her face and walked away. or, point out all the problems and the price to fix em. then mayb she will get an understanding of ur offer. welcome to the site. once u do get one, its an addiction bro. good luck

NITRO

3. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Welcome! Please fill out your profile so we will know where you are located. If you are already disappointed with the truck, I would say pass on it and look some more. There are a lot of them out there, and with fewer problems.

Mike

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

No way. Keep looking. Good luck.