Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1st race of the chase

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mtnman210, Sep 18, 2005.

1. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

Who's your favorite. It's gonna be hard not see the 24 car in it. So my next choice has to stay with Hendricks Team and the 48. hopefully they've worked out all the problems they've been having.
    And of course there's always the sentimental favorites with Rusty and Mark. It'd be cool to see Mark get his first championship his last year.

Just anybody but Stewart,Biffle,Busch:angry1::angry1::angry1:

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Even though he is out of the chase I hope Jr. becomes a spoiler of sorts since he got Tony Eury Jr back on his team. He did have his highest qualyfing this season.

Ira

3. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

The whole DEI tead has had so many problems this year. It definitly would be cool to see him get a win before the end. Has anything been announced yet about who he's driving for next year. I know Mikey already said he's leaving but what about Jr.

4. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I am pretty sure Jr. signed like a 6 year deal or something like that about mid season. I could be wrong but I dont think he is going anywhere soon.

Ira

5. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

I've been going for the 48 for a while. Id like to see him win it. NOT A DEI FAN AT ALL. So waltrip is gonna leave him? that would be sweet. I hope he does, he's to good to race for a company like that.

6. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

yeah, you are right, mikey has been real impressive. I'm hoping that Mark martin will win it, or stewart. Mark Martin will be back next year anyways, so he will have another chance if he doesn't get it this year.

7. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

WOW very interesting today! I watched a boxing match and a race broke out. So what's gonna happen with Kane and Robbie Gordon?:haha::haha:

I thought mark was only doing a limited schedule next year.

8. hunterguy86

I cant belive that robbie threw his helmet. He freakin loves those things. Yall ever seen the work that goes into paintin them things? Its crazy.
    I'm sure both kayne and gordon will get a talkin to in the trailer for the boys upstairs. Im thinkin a fine will be comin down on gordon for his comments on tv.

9. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

yeah when Jr. said some not so tv friendly words he ended up with i think 25000 in fines and lost a bunch of points. And nascar's already kind had it with Robbie.

but other than all that stuff the race was actually really good today. Oh and is it just me or does anybody else hate the NBC annoucers. The fox guys are so much better and especially I love listening to DW call races

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well..........................

Because Jack Roush is such a dip****, along with Gannassi and Penske. Martin has loyalty to Roush and because he can't get a replacement (prior comment before catching up on the latest news) because of his idiotic contract signings.

As for Robby Gordon, I respect the guy. Great driver, tells you like it is, from his view. But he either needs to watch some replays, get some IQ points or kick his spotter's ass for that crap today. Furthermore, he needs to have his balls stomped in for his statement about Mikey.

11. hunterguy86

I'm with you, I'm missin the boggity boggity boggity.

12. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

I hate any NASCAR coverage that's not Fox & DW. I can't take benny parsons screaming " Whoaaaa" for every little thing.

Anyway, I'm rooting for tony stewart to win it all. Normally, I root for DEI, RCR & Gibbs.

I hate watching the post race analysis when the roush or hendrick teams win.. talk about zero personality. My bottle of rolling rock gives a better interview than those guys.. same with ryan newman.. If I have to hear about how smart he is one more freakin' time... :angry1:

Looking to next year, I hear that mikey and napa are going to bill davis racing, and eventually mikey will be involved in toyotas cup effort.

My loyalty will be tested. Mikey is a favorite, but damn I hate rice.

Tom

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

well, hopefully people will learn to spell their names, and they'll get fined by Nascar. :rolleyes:

14. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

ok ok if you're gonna be picky about it...Kasey Kahne and Robby Gordon:D

15. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

:D alright, now that someone has learned to spell their names correctly, they'll get slapped on the hand and put back in the race car next weekend.

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Unfortunately, from everything I have read, Ryan Newman doesn't display his true personality on TV. It seems like the guy is actually pretty humourous...........

17. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

Well, he ought to show that side... NASCAR needs to send these guys to dale carnegie school or something.. I guess not everyone can be like mikey.

On a related note, robby gordon has always struck me as a guy who acted like cup racing was beneath him. I don't mind him getting taken out.. or taking himself out, as the case may be.

Tom

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Robby Gordon can flat drive anything with a steering wheel, period. I think where you get that impression would be the fact that he's not a good old boy, he is from Cali and he sort of got handed stuff to him. That's not to take away from his skills though. Furthermore, he didn't come up through stock cars. He came out of the desert, and ran open wheels. Not a whole lot of oppurtunity to hone the personality.

Then coming into NASCAR, he hasn't been that successful. He's been on crap teams (minus RCR) since his start in NASCAR and rumors floated last year that when it was announced that he wasn't returning to RCR, he had burned enough bridges in NASCAR that the only way he would race in the series is if he had his own team.

I'd really like to see him succeed, but if he doesn't cool his jets after today; he will have a lot of problems. He's the outsider and Mikey has a pretty solid rep as a decent guy. Hell, Mikey is so laid back that normally he'll let guys go and doesn't want to get into banging sheetmetal, but Robby today rubbed him the wrong way and rubbing Mikey takes some 10W-30 so you don't burn up. He starts a war with Mikey and Robby will find himself on the losing end. There's plenty of guys out there on the track that have the means to bash up racecars on a weekly basis.

Last week it was Marlin, this week was Waltrip. Maybe next week he can start something with the other Gordon. That would be a blast. He pisses off Jeff, Jeff destroys the racecars, they confront each other, Robby lays out Jeff. That's a win win situation for all of us............... :D

19. mtnman210

mtnman210 1/2 ton status

20. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Yea was a pretty funny race :D
    Id like to see Jimmy win it, but thats just because im with the hendrix boys :D