Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1st Rpt new MT KMs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by crahm, Oct 23, 2001.

1. crahm

crahm Registered Member

Took my 87 w/o lift and new 32" Mud Terrain KMs to the duck lease on Sunday. Even though it hasn't rained in this area in over a week (SE Oklahoma), there was plenty of low land with standing water. I have limited slips in the front and rear. The first water is in a low pasture that catches a lot of drainage. The sandy/grassy area was under about 8 inches of water with about 25 yards to cross. The truck just crawled through without hardly raising the throttle. A few more crossing like that got me to what we call the "tractor trap". This is about 100 yards long, thick forest on both sides, mainly sandy soil, almost completely buried with water. I got stuck here once last year in my Range Rover (sold). Approached it at about 10 mph and as it slowed I raised the throttle a little, regained some speed and the truck crawled straight through. No side to side movement, no swinging of the steering wheel to keep traction. The tires are great! Completely clean when I came out! (truck wasn't). In addition, the tires were very quiet on the highway compared to every other mud tire I've ever heard. I strongly recommend the KMs.
    Cheers!

2. Hustler

Hustler 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the report. I have been thinking of getting those tires for my Jimmy. Sounds like they do good off road.

3. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Sweet. Keep the reports coming.

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/thatguydrew23>http://community.webshots.com/user/thatguydrew23</a>
    "JEEP....SO GIRLY, BARBIE HAD TO HAVE IT"

4. BigBoy truck

BigBoy truck Registered Member

what is the diffrence beten the new ones and old ones the tread looks exactly the same maby just a little more spaced out????

5. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

theyI have more side wall tread and a heavier sidewall, and have a thick bead around the rim to guard against rocks and sticks from breaking the bead.

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's