Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1Ton caliper installation

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeitler, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Zeitler

Zeitler Registered Member

2. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

silver spring on the bottom, black spring on top, and key in the middle. put the silver spring on the caliper bracket first (tabs down over the edges) then put the black spring on top of the key and tap them in with a small hammer.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i dont see how he is going to fit both springs in there. there is 2 diffrent styles there. use the black one on top of the bar/wedge. then before all of that clip that shinny little one on the bottom of the inner pad so the little tab sticks in to the rotor so it squeals when the pads get low.

that looks like a universal kit. possible other bendix brake aplications used the silver one.

slide caliper on rotor and lift up to top grove. then slide the block/wedge and black spring in on bottom. then tap in till full goverage. and align bolt hole and install lock bolt.

4. hack500

hack500 1/2 ton status

:doah: sweetk30, you're right.
    just went out and looked at mine and there was only 1 spring in there. damn... must be getting senile in my old age.

5. Zeitler

Zeitler Registered Member

i don't get this .. the inner pad sits very loose , it would probably make some noise..did i put the little shiny spring on wrong???

6. Joe Matsko

Joe Matsko Newbie

Hey Z- Mine uses the silver spring (ears facing down) on top of the "supportKey". SweetK30 descirbes the little shiney spring install very well. Mine is a bit loose as installed but makes no detectable noise. Then again I can't hear much over the sound of those TSL's!