Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1tons

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dpearson, Dec 29, 2000.

1. dpearson

dpearson Registered Member

Help, I bought a 14bolt and 60 from a 1ton truck and need to move the perches on the 14bolt. My question is how should I setup the angles on the driveshaft from transfer case to axle. Thanks in advance any photos would be great, I'm going to weld the perches on Sunday.

2. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>First cut off the old perches and grind the housing smooth. Now, you can either buy perches from a circle track shop or make your own out of box tubing. Next, place them on top of the axle and bolt it under your truck. now center the axle side to side (the distance between the perches and the end of the housing should be equal). Then use an angle guage to raise or lower the pinion until both angles are equal, now spot weld the perches on and check the angles again. If they check out even, finish welding. Weld in small sections and give time in between welds to prevent the axle tube from getting too hot. Thats basicly all there is to it.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]

3. dpearson

Biggray71,

thanks, I have the old perches and shockmounts removed and am putting the axle under today to line everything up. But i'm still not sure about the angles you refer to. Is that the angles between the transfer case horizontal and the driveshaft and the angle between the pinion and driveshaft?? Like a stretched out Z. Help!

4. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

check out my site for your pinion angle- <A target="_blank" HREF=http://highangledriveline.prodigybiz.com>http://highangledriveline.prodigybiz.com</A>

5. dpearson

Excellent,
    thanks