Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2 1/2 Lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by johnny reb, May 9, 2000.

1. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking of getting a 2 1/2 suspension lift for my 1986 K5. I don't know much about lifts, so I am wondering if I will have to make any other changes if I put this lift on. Will I need to change the driveline, brake lines, etc. Is this something I can do in my garage or should I have it professionally done? Any suggestions on brands? Thanks

2. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

Try doing a search on lift kits 2"-3"-4". I know this has been covered several times

3. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Hey,
    I just installed a Rancho 2 1/2 lift on my 82. front springs, rear blocks, rs-5000 shocks. So far, the only thing i had to adjust was the draglink, which is common. I run 33x12.50x15 's on 15x10 wheels. I havn't done any "heavy wheeling" just light stuff and the lift is great, on and off the road. Mail me if ya got more ?'s. ado84@aol.com
    Colonel Ado

4. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

I have the Rancho 2.5" lift (front and rear)on my '73 blazer and it is a real good kit.Ihave broke one rear leave before.I use this rig hard on the most difficult trails(21 road,holy cross,battlement mesa,moab,etc. )The front springs have 5 leaves in the pack.Rancho makes a 3" lift that has 9 leaves in front and will run 36" swampers with swaybar connected.I don't run the swaybar.Brady '73 Beautiful Disaster

5. JOEBLAZER12

JOEBLAZER12 Registered Member

Brady,
    I'm thinking about the Rancho 2.5" lift also. Do you run leaves in the rear(how many) or blocks? What size tires do you run now? What shocks? What gear ratio? Any other mods necessary (steering; driveshafts; T-case). Based on the trails you do, sounds like the suspension works good off-road. How is the on-road ride and handeling compared to stock? Sorry for all the questions, but I need the info. Mine is a daily driver and I want it to ride well and be as reliable as possible. Thanks.

JOE
    '89 Blazer