Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2- 2.5" lift

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by BlackWidow13, Jan 25, 2003.

1. BlackWidow13

BlackWidow13 Registered Member

2- 2.5\" lift

Does the Skyjacker 2 - 2.5" lift give you a full 2 - 3"? and does it cause problems with the front end?

Another question, how does one add a leaf add 2 or 3" of lift?

2. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Re: 2- 2.5\" lift

First lift was Rough Country 3in. Was happy with it.All held up good With 35-36 in tires.38s killed the CV joints more times than I could stand.Did SFA swap.Rides as good,Drives better.Now I want 40s.Worst thing was keeping front lined right.{IFS}

3. BlackWidow13

you fit 35" tires w/ 3" of lift??? how did you manage that?

4. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Fender trim.Actually I ran 35 Gumbos with no lift on old style 8in rally wheels.Tried set of aluminum 10s and could not even run 33s.Went to 36 Swamper TSL SXs{12.50x15}.for almost year.They rubbed hard when flexed.3in Rough country helped this,but still rubbed worst when turning into parking lots and such.Not to bad offroad.Front bumper was trimed to 45 degree angle starting bout bottom of rubber trim.Took off another 2in strip and trimmed rear of opening to inner wheel well for 36s.still rubbed.Opened lower part of rear fenders for 38s.rubbed some,but,lived with it.Will post pics soon as can. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [​IMG] Firured out the pic thing{Bout time} /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif35 Gumbos No Lift 1989 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

hmm, my only warning is that you might have trouble with steering and alignment. the 2-3" lifts gove you no drop brackets for the steering link, thus adding a fairly steep angle on your tie rod ends....that can lead to problems /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

as for the addaleaf, my pro comp set gave me about 1.5-2" of lift. one addaleaf can provide lift because 1) the leaf itself is about .5 more, and 2)the leaf has a higher arch and most likely a higher spring rate so that it not only carries more weight, but it supports the stock leaves in the pack and kind of bends them to its shape.

6. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I used extra drag link to droptierods and 2 idlers on lower link.Worked ok,but,38s started killing CVs and tierods to often.Got HiPin D60 in now.Did own SFA swap ,bout 6in lift and works really well. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BlackWidow13

do they sell drop brackets for the steering link?

8. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Some of kits have them,but,noone sells them seperately. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

2-3" lifts don't have drop brackets for the steering. only do the 4-6" kits.

10. BlackWidow13

is there any way of making one, or is it not worth the trouble?

11. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

you should be able to make one, i'm not sure if it'll be worth the trouble. especally since the amount is small enough to seem like its more trouble than its worth..but its also big enough to mess with the steering and cause problems.

12. yukon guy

yukon guy Registered Member

I have a 94 yukon 4x4 and i put the 2-3" rancho lift it really wasent all that bad but i wish now that i would have saved my money on the rancho and just bought the 6"fabtech. Now i have to save my money again and try to sell the lift that i have to buy the new one. If you buy a lift might as well go all the way cause 3" is never enough(and thats what she says)so next time ill go for the 6" implants. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I have to agree with go for more first.With 6in lift You can leave it at 4in and will ride,flex better than the 3in.No downward wheel travel with 3in.Newer kits take care of steering probs better too.Best thing I did was SFA.Rides as good or better than stock and drives better than better than it has since going to big{35} tires.On 38s now and it handles almost as good as when new,without sway bar. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer on 38s in TENN. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. BlackWidow13

i'll buy your 3" Rancho lift sometime this summer, i really dont have the money for a 6" lift + tires. Would you want to sell it by then??

15. yukon guy

I will sell it but i cant sell it until i get the new lift. Because im not going to put the truck back to stock and then later on put the new lift on.

16. BlackWidow13

when do you think you are going to do the new lift?

17. yukon guy

I hope to be getting the lift in about 4-6 months i hope.

18. BlackWidow13

how much would you sell it for??

19. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

I found out how to do pics.{Finally}Here's one of mine on 12.50 X 36 TSL SXs with 3 in Rough Country lift,12B rear,3.73.Just have to put up with them rubbing some. [​IMG]