Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2.2 Toyota distributor?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by angrysnowplow, Jan 28, 2003.

1. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Well, I think I figured out why my '92 Celica won't start- it looks like the bolts holding the distributor to the head somehow /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif disappeared. My question is how do I correctly reinstall the thing? Please help, I'm sick of driving the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif to school. Again, it's a 92 Toyota Celica w/ the 2.2 and it has 120,000 miles.

2. angrysnowplow

Is there anyone that can answer? The distributor will only seems go on one way, and the motor starts but runs like crap /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

3. azheep

azheep Registered Member

I work for an import parts store. I will find out for you. I don't go to work til monday. If you need to know before then let me know. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. angrysnowplow

If you could find out at work I'd really appreciate it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Just hope I won't need to drive my Blazer to school much longer- the power steering just quit working /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5. azheep

azheep Registered Member

I think your timing is off. If your dist. fell off, the timing would be off. reset the timing and go from there.

6. angrysnowplow

Yep. Got it timed, runs even better than before this problem. Thanks for your help. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    BTW the dist. does only go in one way.