Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2.25 exhaust?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by skykrawler, Jul 31, 2006.

1. skykrawler

skykrawler Registered Member

I have the 350, I am looking to put a new dual exhaust. but I am being told I can only go 2.25 all the way back. is that true?

2. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

if it's stock, 2.25" is what you want. if you've got high flowing intake, heads, and a larger cam, you'll want to step up in size a little. exhaust pipe too large will slow the velocity of your exhaust down to the point that it might ruin your engines ability to scavenge properly. ive got dual 2.25" on mine.

3. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

2x.... this is what I would have done if I would have done my exhaust right the first time. run 2.25 full with a balance tube (h-pipe) and dual mufflers. You'll get better backpressure and better lowend torque.

4. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

I had 2.5 on my 305, and it sounded great, but now that I have a 383 it just sounds mean.

But 2.25 is what I would put on a 350 unless you have the mods stated above.