Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2" 3" lift?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by anatomiczero, Sep 29, 2001.

1. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

2\" 3\" lift?

What's the biggest suspension lift I could do without messing with brake lines or anything else? I just want to swap the leaf springs and not worry about anything.

----------------------------------
    soon to have a blazer/jimmy

2. dragricinMT

dragricinMT 1/2 ton status

Re: 2\" 3\" lift?

I had a 2-1/2" that was pushing the limits of my hoses over minor obstacles.

78-K5 4"Lift 35"Tires 400SB TH350 NP205
    73 Vega 350SB TH350

3. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

if you lift the front your going to have to change some sterring stuff, adjust your drag link and long brake lines would be a good idea. the back would be no prob i went around for months with 3" blocks in the back for saggy butt and thats all you will need there

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradoK5.com/gallery/Pauls89K5>http://coloradoK5.com/gallery/Pauls89K5</a>

4. dragricinMT

dragricinMT 1/2 ton status

You can lift it a couple of inches without all the other stuff. Once you get about 4" or more you need raised steering arm swaybar lowering kit or disconnect kit, longer hoses,and possibly longer vent hoses. Also might run into driveshaft problems.

78-K5 4"Lift 35"Tires 400SB TH350 NP205
    73 Vega 350SB TH350

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I have a 2 1/2 inch lift on my Jimmy. I didn't have to do anything to the steering or brake lines. I did put a sway bar disconnect on about 2 years after the lift. I don't wheel really hard, so the stock brake hoses have lasted, but now that I have the sway bar disconnect I am going to put on longer brake lines just to be safe, and because I was advised to by other people on this site. Better safe than sorry.

6. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

Cool, I'll go with a 2 1/2" lift then eventually put on extended brake lines. It Isn't hard to put on brake lines is it? I'm taking auto shop in school, so I should know how to do that stuff by then.

----------------------------------
    soon to have a blazer/jimmy

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I got away with running a 2 1/2 lift and offraoding for about 2 years. I did run some high articulation and got away with it. Probably just because I didn't know any better at the time. If you just going to drive it around town and or graded gravel roads the brake lines should be fine, and the steering too. If you plan on offroading anything romotely serious then get the brake lines done.