Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2-4" body lift

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by OffroadBeast, Jul 8, 2002.

1. OffroadBeast

OffroadBeast Registered Member

2-4\" body lift

We have a 2" lift on our sub now. thinking about a body lift. we are running 32" tires with a 3.73 12 bolt. would like to run 34"-35" on it and wanted to see who had done a body lift on a sub. who has the best kits. never done one on a vehicle this large before.... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif even thinking about finding a shop in Tennessee and having it done... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Re: 2-4\" body lift

I'd be concerned about using a body lift on a Sub. The body is big and heavy! Having the extra leverage would place a lot of stress on the body mounts. I'd be more inclined to switch to a 4 or 6 inch suspension lift and recoup some of the cost by selling your 2-inch lift. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah personally if i were you, i'd go up to a 4" suspension and either skip the body lift or do the ORD 1" body lift. i have a 4" suspension and i'm doing an ORD 1" body and 1" zero rate add-a-leaves.

4. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

WELL I'M CURRENTLY RUNNING 35'S ON 6 INCHES FRONT AND REAR, LOOKING BACK i PROBABLY WOULD HAVE OPTED FOR THE REAR SHACKLE FLIP WHCIH GIVES YOU ABOUT 6 INCHES AND THEN MOUNT 6 INCH SPRINGS FORWARD, USE THE SOFT RIDES. I ASSUME YOU HAVE A BLOCK LIFT IN THE REAR. IN ORDER TO CLEAR 35'S WELL WITHOUT HAVING TO CUT SOME FENDER METAL YOU WOULD NEED ATLEAST 4 INCHES OF BODY LIFT. NOT ONLY DOES THAT GIVE LEVERAGE ON THE BOLTS BUT IT LOOKS AWFUL, PLUS THE DRAW BACK ON SUBS IS THE WHEEL BASE. SUSPENSION LIFTS GET THAT FRAME AND TRANSFERCASE UP HIGHER AND ACTUALLY GIVE YOU MORE OUT OF YOUR RIG. THOSE BIGGER TIRES WILL DO YOUR AXLES WELL BUT WILL INCURAGE YOU TO DRIVE WHERE THE FRAME CAN'T GO. TRUST ME ON THIS ONE. MY WHOLE ROCKER PANEL IS BEAT TO HELL BECAUSE I TRIED TO DRIVE IT ON A LOW SUSPENSION. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

5. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

If you only want to run 35's I would go with a 4" or 6" suspension lift and no body lift. I have a saggy 6" suspension, 1" zero rate up front, 2" bodylift, and 38 Super Swamper Radials.Tthe bodylift wasn't that hard to put on the only reason I did it was to clear the tires. I went that big to help with my high centering problem and excesive rear overhang. I got the Performance Accessories kit from 4WP's on fathers day for $70. One of these days I'll post picks. I didn't relocate the bumpers and I don't think I will. They don't look too bad.