Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2.5" dual exhaust?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by grtwhite, Sep 30, 2002.

1. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

2.5\" dual exhaust?

Does anyone know of anyone who carries a dual 2.5" exhaust kit for a 77 3/4 ton Chevy Pickup. I've found several kits with 2.25" kits. Presently have a 400 sb but plan to install a big block in the futer. Thanks for the help!

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: 2.5\" dual exhaust?

You may need to have an exhaust shop custom bend some pipes for you. Sometimes they will beat the kit prices just to get your bussiness. Call the Ma-N-Pa type shops, they usely have better prices then the big chain stores.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Isn't the difference between 4.5" and 5" kind of minor, even on a BBC? I know in actual flow numbers its a BIG difference, but 4.5" is big itself...obviously all out performance, it would be restrictive, but for anything else, I'm sure it would be fine.

As others have said, mom and pop places are nice. One thing though, the hangars they use are all cheap from what I've seen, and tend to break quickly. Stock GM hangars seem to be pretty tough, as long as the truck didn't come from the salt belt /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

4.5" and 5"????? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

5. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

Wait, never mind. 2.25x2=4.5 and 2.5x2=5 /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, find a local shop. They can build it to fit your truck the way you want it and it will be cheaper.

7. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I had Meineke do mine up for me, it was like $175 for him fabbin hangars, and runnin the pipes like i wanted. I had already bought mufflers, tips, and cats. I thought it was a fair enough price, and the drive up w/ just headers was awesome indeed /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

8. 76chevy

76chevy 1/2 ton status

I just had 2.25 run from the mufflers back and it was $45 per side plus all new hangers. W/tax it was $127.00. They said it only would have been $15 more for 2.5 pipes.

I'd check around. As mentioned before sometimes it is cheaper for some shop to do it and they weld all the pipes on for a better seal.

Call around. I'd probably avoid the big chains but call them first so the other quotes look better. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I have dual 2.5s put on earlier this summer. Cost me $200 for the pipes then $25 for some wannabe flowmaster turbo mufflers. I really like the sound and I have them hooked to a piar of hooker comp headers on my 400sbc /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif