Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2.5" exhaust kit

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by skink4president, Nov 4, 2005.

1. skink4president

skink4president Registered Member

Looking for a 2.5" pre-fab mandrel bent exhaust kit. Hooker and Dynomax kits ar 2.25". Anyone know of a company making a 2.5"? I think Hooker makes a bigger (2.5") kit for the BB Chevy Blazers but I'm not sure if it'll fit a SB application. Anybody have any experience with this?

2. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

What year K5? Do you have to worry about smog? Do you want/need cats? Headers or stock manifolds?? What motor do you have? What mods have you done to it?

3. skink4president

skink4president Registered Member

:doah: should have included more specifics. It's a '73 K5 350/350. No smog or cats and will run through most likely a set of Hooker Competitions. Lightly modified (Mallory HEI, Edelbrock intake and carb) but adding stuff everyday. Eventually I'll probably just drop in an Edelbrock 310/320HP crate motor and rebuild the tranny to moderate performace levels.

4. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

Well with those specs, the 2 1/4 inch should be fine. Dont really need 2.5" untill you get closer to 350 HP. Especially if its all mandrel bent. I couldnt really find a kit when I was searching back in the day for my K5. I finally just had it done at a shop. But Jegs and Summit have universal kits with 2.25 or 2.5 inch mandrel bent aluminized pipes. You then just plug in your own Flows or whatever... Only about $100. Ive used that on a couple Rat Rods I played with.