Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2.5 lift question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Redfrog, Aug 11, 2001.

1. Redfrog

Redfrog 1/2 ton status

What will I have to change if I get a 2.5 lift? driveshafts,transfercase drop, pinion angle.
    or will I have to change anything? also does anybody have
    a k-5 with a 4" lift and 33's? if so do you have pics so I can see what it will look like if I happen to go with 4"
    Thanks in advance

I'm a sheet slitter, I slit sheets, I'm the best sheet slitter, to ever slit a sheet

2. 4x4blazer

4x4blazer 1/2 ton status

Mine is only lifted 2 1/2 inches and I am running 33x12.50s. The only thing I did was drop my t-case, dont know if you really have to or not but I did it anyways.
    But if you ask for my opinion, go with the 4 inch lift. My 33s rub like mad front and back. :)

3. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

I ran 33x12.50 on a 2 1/2in lift and my tires rubbed. I now run 33x12.50 and a 4in lift and my tires rub. Of course now I have a sway bar disconnect. But they still rub.

Here's a pic of my truck with a 2 1/2 in lift and 33's
    http://wsphotofews.excite.com/033/pe/DO/Eq/GS13658.jpg

As far as changing anything, I dropped my transfer case and got extended brake lines cause I stretched them with just the 2 1/2 in lift.
    With the 4 in lift you'll just need to get a raised steering arm as well the brake lines and drop the t-case.

<font color=blue>Esteban</font color=blue>

<font color=red>HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF CHATA?