Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2.5 lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 6.2L Jimmy, Jan 14, 2002.

1. 6.2L Jimmy

6.2L Jimmy 1/2 ton status

How much lift do you really get from a 2.5 inch lift?

1989 GMC Jimmy 6.2L 4x4,1969 Camaro Z/28 502 C.I. B.B.C.
    BLOOD,SWEAT AND GEARS!

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

3. 6.2L Jimmy

6.2L Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I heard stories of about 4-inches?

Wow I feel dumb!
    Thanks.? :)

1989 GMC Jimmy 6.2L 4x4,1969 Camaro Z/28 502 C.I. B.B.C.
    BLOOD,SWEAT AND GEARS!

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

If you plan to offroad your truck you might be better off with 4". I wish I had a 4" instead of the 2.5" that I have. It would have saved me alot of hassle. If you get springs all around then you should get about 2.5 inches. At first it might be higher, but the springs usually settle. If you get an add a leaf then the rear WILL sag. Trust me, I know from experience. Stay away from blocks if you can.

I have a 2.5" lift, and now I am having to get creative to get my truck higher. 33's will fit fine, and thats all I thought I wanted, but after wheelin with guys with 35's it is the only way to go. So now I have a 1" zero rate from ORD in the rear for about 3" of lift and extended HD front shackles from ORD for about 2.75" of lift. To make room for 35's I will add a soft top which will lift it a little and put a zero rate in the front of my truck to get to 3.5-4" of total lift. Its alot of hassle when I could have just gotten a 4" in the first place.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

5. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

If you get all new springs, you might notice more than 2.5" in the back because you will get the new 2.5" plus recover any height you lost from the factory springs sagging.

<font color=blue>Brilliance is like 4wd, it allows you to get stuck in a more remote location [​IMG]</font color=blue>

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

I have Procomp 2.5 inch springs on the front of my K5,and I would say they are about 3 inches. There only 3 years old,so I guess with time there gonna sag.

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>The darker side of nonsense...</a>

7. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

I too have 2.5 and at first they sat 4 inches. Like everyone said it does sag... I to have ORD front shackels.(sp) I'm going to use 3" springs in the rear and get rid of the blocks. I have yet to have a problem with the blocks. (knock on wood) I like the fact that its not to high. and I'm going to step up to 35's later on. Currently 31's in a few weeks 33's![​IMG]

Ckeck out my pics. The reason that I only went with 2.5 is cuz in four wheel mag. a few years back they did a good set up with only 2.5 and 35's on a K5...Stincky Blazer was the title.

Have fun.

Later <font color=green>KEN</font color=green>
    DANGIT it's not a bronco!
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/kensk5>My Picts</a>