Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

2" 56" spring?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4GUNZ4X4Z, Mar 2, 2005.

1. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Man I've been looking everywhere and can't find a 2" lifted 56" spring. Does anyone know who makes these? I figured they would be pretty common, but I guess not. I'd even settle for a 3" lifted 56" er.

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i just went thru the same thing.. i never found anything.. only 52's for Tuff country in 2" apparently.. i'm sure Deaver, etc will make em up, but i never found a production one...

wanted a 4" flip with 2" 56's, but apparently i could only do that in 52.. to go 56, i'd have to run a 2 1/2" flip and 4" 56's....

3. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Yep thats my dilemma. I don't want to go with a 2.5 shackle flip and I don't want 52's. doh. What did you end up doing?

4. ryoken

haha, nothing yet.. waiting on the tax return... not sure at all at this point.. still totally undecided..

on one hand, i'm figuring the 2" 52's on 4 flip might help with axle wrap being shorter, but the 56's would be 4", stiffer and might make up for that difference. so that seems a wash...

but i also figure the 2" 52's will ride much better than the 4".

not sure on flex, the advantage of the 56" may be somewhat negated with 4" over the softer 52 and bigger flip...

i'm honestly leaning toward the 52 at this point for the softer spring and bigger flip.. not sure how much flex i'm gonna need.. mostly be mudding...

please, let me know what you end up deciding, i'll be curious... :ears:

it is annoying... it'd be so simple if the 56" 2" was available..:mad:

5. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Thats funny. I had it all figured out and was ready to start ordering stuff and I just happened to start looking for 2" 56's first. Well here its been 5 days now and I have yet to order anything, because I can't find the 56's in 2 lift. I'm with you, it'd be simple if I could find them, but I can't and now I can't decide on how I want to go about it. As of this minute I'm really leaning towards 4' shackle flip and a 4" 56 spring. That'd put me at 8 in the back. With 6" springs, a zero rate and ord's extended shackles in the front that'd put me lil over 7 in the front. I don't know if I want to go this route because of my winch and throwing away the hard top. I don't know I'm still up in the air at this point, I thought I had it figured out, but now.... well I don't.:crazy:

6. ryoken

yeah, thats a tad more than i wanna run here in Jersey... pretty set on 4" EZ rides up front with a 0 rate... think it'll ride hella better than 6"s too.. i'll throw a 1" body in later if i need it...

one thing i forgot to mention that i'm considering too is with a 4" spring in back, might be able to pull a leaf if need be to drop her a tad and soften it up...

7. xtrmjoe

xtrmjoe 1/2 ton status

I am ordering the 4" 56" springs and plan on taking out as many leafs is necessary to get the desired spring rate and ride height.

8. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Yeah that might help me some. Really didn't want to go more then 6" lift, but what the heck i guess. Still looking for the 2" 56's before I commit though.

9. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

10. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i think if you found some from a m1008 that they would give you about 2 inches more lift but they are very stiff. i dont know though i have a set and they look like they would